[Denemo-devel] Re: Re: Re: [Denemo-devel =?ISO-8859-1?Q?] New website?=

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Re: Re: Re: [Denemo-devel =?ISO-8859-1?Q?] New website?=
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 12:21:09 +0100

On Sun, 2009-04-12 at 21:44 +0200, address@hidden wrote:
> A few questions were asked and here are the answers.
>
> >Will users be able to perform a search? Maybe a user remembers reading
> >about line breaks but does not remember where she saw the tutorial,
> >faq, or whatever.
>
> Of course. The search is already working. Top of the site.
Yes, its great, I searched for MIDI and got what I wanted. Usually these
general purpose searches don't work well for me - perhaps this won't
when we have more stuff on the site.

> >Spam: we should apply
> > the fix(es) that were applied to the old one before the new one goes
> live.
> Its a different system. The Mediawiki is for much larger projects than a
> standard CMS like Drupal. The mechanisms built-in are already fit for
> systems like Wikipedia itself.

I am glad, that is just what I was hoping you were going to say - you
have wheeled in a mighty machine to cope with the job, which is better
than what we had before.

>  Well, they have to deal with vandalism,
> but thats not spam or bots but real users who try to do silly things. I
> doubt this will happen very often on our page.
I agree.

> But I already restricted the most important pages . I would say we have
> to see what kind of unwanted input we get. I think  letting people
> itself write on the page is a great feature so we should give it a try.
yes, it's great. I have done a little edit to test and it was very nice.

> P.S. to Jeremiah (Zim)
> >I never used this on remote file systems before. What is the benefit of
> that?
> You can work on different computers with the same data, but without
> doing an X11 forward for the Zim-Client itself, which is quite slow over
> the internet.
>
> > It looks fine to me, but some of the links are really just
> placeholders:
> Yes, we have to deal as quick as possible with it. For some pages my
> English is just not good enough. After all I only learned it in school
> and I lived in India where English is a bit different. Please edit my
> formulations where they seem to be odd or simply wrong.
>
> >Also, the About page of the old site had a useful feature that things
> were getting >moved from ideas->planned->in git->in release by moving
> them up the lists.
>
> By now all the old content is transfered including the feature list. We
> really have to sort it a bit, only a few structured points and making
> difference in GUI, NOTATION, MIDI or whatever. I will do that, but for
> now its just the old plain list.
>
> For the rest of the articles, which are placeholders: These are
> Tutorials/First Steps and Join the Team!
>
> The first one has to grow but its not a showstopper if its empty. Could
> you two please make the article "Join the team". You know better how to
> start developing Denemo. But I want to suggest a section in the new
> To-Do list which should be dedicated to begginer-tasks (like things that
> only needs a few hours for a new developer - motivating and easy to do).
good idea.
Also, it will be good to collect up the outline and discussions that are
in emails and start editing them in-place on the website as a way of
establishing whether we are all singing from the same hymn sheet.

> Lets make it public.
Yes, let's do that now.
Oh, I nearly forgot, the logo is cropped off in my viewer.