[Denemo-devel] Windows build

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Windows build
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 19:19:11 +0100

I have managed to build 0.8.4 for windows (no jack). It was silently
dying on start-up, and I tracked this down with gdb to a failure to load
the srfi-13 module in scheme. This module does string manipulations. The
srfi directory was indeed missing, but putting it in didn't help. The
scheme modules are actually installed at two places, but taking
everything into account I could not get it to load.
However, I didn't come across anything that depended on it. The only
source code fix needed is where waitpid() has been introduced in print.c
which isn't present on my windows installation.
I got the latest jack package and it includes the midi header files, but
I couldn't get any of the executables to launch, apparently there is
some Microsoft c++ library that would be needed, but I have no internet
connection on the windows box so I didn't get very far - in the past I
have found that Microsoft like to download & install things for you,
which is unhelpful if you don't use windows on the internet.