[Denemo-devel] Getting gio working for Denemo

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Getting gio working for Denemo
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 12:53:07 +0100

I've been trying to get installation of Denemo commands directly from
As a first step I included the following code in Denemo:

  GError *err = NULL;
  GFile * file=g_file_new_for_uri
  GFileInputStream *stream =  g_file_read(file, NULL, &err);
  if (err != NULL)
      g_warning ("The opening of uri gave %s", err->message);
      if(err) g_error_free (err);
      err = NULL;
    } else {
#define COUNT (10000)
      gchar *buffer = g_malloc0(COUNT);
      gsize numbytes;
      gboolean success = g_input_stream_read_all(stream, buffer,
      g_print("Read ***********\n%s\n*********** end of read", buffer);

This works for files on the local disk (i.e. "file:///home...." ) but

Operation not supported

for the page on the internet. Under the documentation is just the
statement that it means it is not supported by the backend. But whether
this is the case for Debian Lenny I don't know. Can someone try the code
on their distro (you need to include gio/gio.h and link with -lgio-2.0),
in case it is just Lenny being behind the times.