Re: [Denemo-devel] Nightly builds, binary packages, crosscompiling etc.

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Nightly builds, binary packages, crosscompiling etc.
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 12:18:25 -0500

On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 02:10:42PM +0200, Nils Gey wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> 1) Why are we using the nightly .tar snapshots build by jeremiahs server?
> On our git page http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/denemo.git/commit/ there is:
>
> http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/denemo.git/snapshot/denemo-master.tar.gz

Thats a good idea. I did not know about this.

> This looks like its always the up-to-date master branch created on-the-fly.
>
> 2)What kind of packages can we provide currently and do you know ways of
> creating more binary packages? Maybe automatically?
>
> I'm currently investigating in this, looking which tools my distribution
> Archlinux can provide and whats out there.
> For example SUSE cross-plattform build-service.
>
> https://build.opensuse.org/

I can't seem to find ways of satifsy the dependencies. For Ubuntu packaging it
required things that were not in the main repository. I did not see any way to
add universe or multiverse repositories. It is probably possible but I did not
see where it was documented. I did a search on their forum and some guy asked a
similar question but was responded with rudeness. It seems like a nice idea but
I have not been able to build denemo using it.

Jeremiah