[Denemo-devel] The lilypond build system adopted to build Denemo for var

From: Nils Gey
Subject: [Denemo-devel] The lilypond build system adopted to build Denemo for various OS
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 16:03:22 +0200

Yesterday I asked in #lilypond how one can reduce the filezile of windows
lilypond to eventually bundle it with Windows-Denemo.

And what did Jan Nieuwenhuizen do? This kind person showed us that there is a
Linux-based buildsystem (http://lilypond.org/gub/) and worked for two days to
make Denemo build with it!

I tested it yesterday and Denemo installed, but there were some problems, which
are now solved.

I think this could be the needed build system to provide more binary releases
for different OS's.

Here are his notes http://lilypond.org/gub/denemo

and here are some installers:

http://lilypond.org/blog/janneke/software/denemo

I think we should have a look on this to increase the binary output and make it
more easy in the future. Of course we have to look ourselves what this system
can do and how to improve the situation.-

I can test things on Windows.

Nils