[Denemo-devel] Anacrusis script needed

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Anacrusis script needed
Date: Sun, 06 Sep 2009 14:52:38 +0100

We need an anacrusis script that is more than the current (which is
really just a sample of how it is done - it does a 1/8th note upbeat).

It could work as follows. You put in an incomplete first measure and
then hit Anacrusis.
The script iterates over the first measure adding the durations then it
creates the needed lilypond as in the current script
i.e. something like

\partial 8*2

for two 1/8th  notes (i.e. 1/4 note) - I am not clear about the exact
syntax.
then it can proceed as in the current anacrusis script placing the
directive at the start and when finished it should create a new measure
after the current one and move the cursor there.

Future development would add something to the directive to tell Denemo
that the measure is complete, and also not to count it as measure 1 -
this is part of a topic that is bubbling away in my head.

I would like this script. But I would be very happy if someone else
actually wrote it...

I'll put this in the TODO list.