Re: [Denemo-devel] Report and Bugs: Midi, Fluid, Samplerate

From: alex stone
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Report and Bugs: Midi, Fluid, Samplerate
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2010 00:38:16 +0300

1.) Agreed.

2.) Only in fluidsynth mode. With jack mode, it's perfectly acceptable
to have channel 1 for all staves, if the user is allocating a port per
staff. If they're using one port over a number of staves, then it's
easy enough for them to change channel numbers as they do other things
like allocated staff instrument names, etc...

3.)Correct. Same challenge here.

4.) Definitely agreed. Imho, the default should be whole measure rest
per bar/measure, as it's easier to change a measure/whole rest, than
go through a full score and have to input a truckload of whole measure
rests, just to get midi playing properly, and where it's supposed to
play. I'd go further than this, and add that it would be useful to
have the default use case that when any notes or rests are added to a
bar/measure in a multi staff score, i.e. adding notes to flute 1 in
bar three, that all other 'bar threes' in the score get a whole
measure rest automatically allocated. So any activity or input in the
first edited staff for a given bar number automatically "fills" the
rest of the same bar numbers. The user can then quickly navigate to
other "bar threes", rub out the rest, and input as they wish. Normally
i wouldn't advocate bars being filled by default like this, but in the
case of a full score and rests, this one makes sense to me, for faster
workflow.

Alex.