Re: [Denemo-devel] Release Version Freeze

From: Nils
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Release Version Freeze
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 17:26:44 +0100

On Tue, 05 Jan 2010 15:40:19 +0000
Richard Shann <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Tue, 2010-01-05 at 14:27 +0100, Nils wrote:
> > A release candidate can be found here: Please test Linux and Windows builds.
> >
> > http://ssh.nilsgey.de/denemo-0.8.12-0.mingw.exe
> >

> This is, of course a windows binary installer, for linux use overnight
> tarball (?).

which is just a git master snapshot:
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/denemo.git/snapshot/denemo-master.tar.gz

> I have downloaded the windows binary on a laptop running vista. I had to
> set the value 22050 in MainMenu->Edit->Change
> Preferences->Fluidsynth->Sample Rate in order to get acceptable sound
> output.
> MIDI in worked out of the box, as indeed, did everything else I tried. I
> noticed that the MIDI control of tempo set up by the Directives->Tempo
> script is wrong -

I guess you mean the usercontributed one and not directives->midi->tempo. But
anyway, this should not concern the release. After the release I'm going to
include the whole set of midi commandos including a solid version of tempo.

> A big thank you to Nils for this build. Please be prompt if you find
> serious problems that need to be fixed, as it will get very difficult to
> fix them later.
> Richard

I don't know anything that cannot wait until the next version. I'm eager to
continue.

Nils