Re: [Denemo-devel] Midi input via Fluidsynth is broken

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Midi input via Fluidsynth is broken
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 19:01:27 +0000

On Fri, 2010-01-29 at 12:10 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> >> Also... I have never used overlays except for rhythmic overlays.
> > by rhythmic overlays you mean what happens when you have the
> > Mode->Audible Feedback\nInsert Duration/Edit Note
> > checkbox checked?
>
> I have not tried this. I only selected a rhythm and then selected
> create rhythm. I thought this was how you used a "rhythmic overlay"

As a matter of terminology "overlays" is when you have some notes in the
score (usually all on one staff line or space) and you put pitches onto
the notes.

 The "create rhythm" and friends is where you specify a pattern which
will be followed as you enter notes.
It is actually just an extension of the normal way of entering notes in
insert mode. In fact, when you type a note name in insert mode the note
is put in following a rhythmic pattern that just comprises one element,
the prevailing duration. The rhythmic pattern thing is visible when you
have more than one note-length in the rhythmic pattern, as you enter
notes, they are given durations following the pattern.