Re: [Denemo-devel] Windows Build 0.8.13 and Menucleaning

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Windows Build 0.8.13 and Menucleaning
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2010 09:05:08 +0000

Thinking about this, one thing to do is to write all the callbacks for
this playback console as C-functions that call scheme procedures, e.g.
the Play button
instead of calling ext_midi_playback() as the one on the toolbar does
use a callback function that looks like this

gboolean play_callback (GtkWidget *w, ...) {
call_out_to_guile("(DenemoPlayback)");
return TRUE;
}

And in denemo.scm write e.g.

(define (DenemoPlayback) (d-Play))

(this will be the wrong syntax:(

The idea is that we can develop the callback actions without
re-compiling, and also that the user can override them thru their own
~/.denemo/actions/denemo.scm

Richard