[Denemo-devel] The playback panel development.

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] The playback panel development.
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2010 09:14:55 +0000

Jeremiah - I am glad to see progress on the playback thing, but I am a
bit concerned that your playback panel may not be heading in a good
direction. I left an example of the Play command, which called a
procedure defined in denemo.scm

The idea is that the actual functionality can be refined there, rather
than in C

The sort of thing I imagine you could do would be get the times of the
objects at the start and end of the selection and set the playback
interval to that and then play. Or allow the user to move the playback
interval back by one measure, or ...

The development has all gone the other way, for example a dialog written
in C to control the playback interval in seconds - that would be a very
specialized user who would want to be doing that regularly.

I can understand that we may well need to do some C work - dragging the
playback markers with the mouse for example, but we should be able to
get a long way with just a few buttons, sliders etc calling back to
scheme procedures which we can then refine.

Perhaps we should draw up a wish-list of things to go on the panel (not
too large!) - more concrete than what is already on denemo.org

What do you think?