Re: [Denemo-devel] Midi input

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Midi input
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 16:17:33 -0600

On Feb 24, 2010, at 3:58 PM, Richard Shann <address@hidden> wrote:

On Wed, 2010-02-24 at 15:55 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:

On Feb 24, 2010, at 3:20 PM, Richard Shann <address@hidden>
wrote:

On Wed, 2010-02-24 at 20:40 +0000, Richard Shann wrote:

hmm, I see that the new pref *does* have code checked in for
saving/reloading the new pref.
I'll look into that further.

The COMBOBOX macro does not set up any callback to set the newly
chosen
value. After an earlier use of COMBOBOX for a gchar* field a
g_signal is
attached, but not after these two (fluidsynth_audio_driver and
fluidsynth_midi_driver which are GString*).

The widget is stored into a structure. This structure is passed as an
argument when the ok button is pressed. So there is no other callback
other than the ok buttuns callback that passes cbdata structure to the
function set_preferences. That's at the end of the file.
If (gtk_dialog_run .......
  {
     set_preferences(&cbdata)
  }

Correct me if I am wrong.

there is an explicit callback set for the earlier use of combobox (look
for _signal_connect), and the only other way would be on the ok button
to go get the values from the combo boxes, as I say you seem to have
cloned the code but only one of them works.

Line 156 of prefdialig needs a new line that has:
ASSIGNCOMBO(fluidsynth_midi_driver)

Which leaves the puzzle of how on earth it is working for the
fluidsynth_audio_driver field but not for the fluidsynth_midi_driver
field - the code appears to be properly cloned. It should not work for
either.