Re: [Denemo-devel] A Good Idea

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] A Good Idea
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2010 14:41:54 +0000

A further thought:
        This recording idea is (at least for me) for recording while playing
back. So it would be possible to monitor the meta data being found on a
given staff at playback time and insert it into the smf_track_t being
recorded.
So if you were playing back a piece that had time sig changes, the notes
you played back would be recorded together with timesig changes picked
up from the staff you are playing to.

The idea of MIDI shortcuts could come in here too - you could make the
playback pause at each measure until the foot pedal was pressed, so that
you could play through measure by measure recording what you want for
each measure. With that sort of control, backing up a measure to
re-record it would be easy. Backing up a measure, slowing the tempo
(master tempo) a little and re-doing it ...

Richard