[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[Denemo-devel] [bug #29365] Several non-functioning commands and a crash

From: anonymous
Subject: [Denemo-devel] [bug #29365] Several non-functioning commands and a crash
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 01:51:56 +0000
User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv: Gecko/20100316 Firefox/3.6.2 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)


                 Summary: Several non-functioning commands and a crash
                 Project: GNU Denemo, a gtk+ frontend to GNU Lilypond
            Submitted by: None
            Submitted on: Mon 29 Mar 2010 01:51:55 AM UTC
                Category: None
                Severity: 3 - Normal
              Item Group: None
                  Status: None
                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any



This is the unofficial 0.8.15 version I'm trying on Windows XP.
I see Denemo has come a long way in these past months, and it's pretty
impressive.  I did notice a few problems though.
Most obviously, a crash.  I went to Directives->Tempo and immediately Denemo
was gone.  The problem is in the first line, the final let statement calls
CheckLilyVersion.  That must be what crashes it because I changed it to a
(let (.... (OldLily #f) ) 
and that fixes the problem... it just doesn't allow for using older versions
of Lilypond than 2.12.0 I believe.
Is that even still an important issue?
Attached is a revision of the script for this command with this fix or
workaround.  This is definitely one command that will benefit greatly when
more control is given over popup windows.

Also attached are corrections to two other scripts I had a role in writing. 
Neither one worked when installed.  It appears they had commands replaced
incorrectly when the selection stuff was rewritten--these commands required
the selection to be extended when moving the cursor around, whereas the ones
that got put in were not moving the selection.  I believe they now work
correctly, but... they leave the playback start/stop points screwed up
badly--in fact, the red is before the green and they move in the wrong
directions when I try to move them, and they won't move past each other.
Hope this helps.  I realize that at this stage many things are in flux and
all the cleaning of the menus is upcoming.  But this could be very frustating
to a new user.  I tried to split a measure after pasting in a copy of a
measure and it had left it with a double-length measure, and I couldn't split
it without fiddling with the scheme as I did.
-Dan W.


File Attachments:

Date: Mon 29 Mar 2010 01:51:55 AM UTC  Name: Tempo  Size: 5kB   By: None

Date: Mon 29 Mar 2010 01:51:55 AM UTC  Name: SplitMeasure  Size: 731B   By:

Date: Mon 29 Mar 2010 01:51:55 AM UTC  Name: DeleteBarline  Size: 905B   By:



Reply to this item at:


  Message sent via/by Savannah

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]