[Denemo-devel] Denemo Infrastructure

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Denemo Infrastructure
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 09:14:50 +0100

I have had an email from Karl Berry, thanking us and suggesting some
infrastructure work as follows (can somone who knows what this means
take action):

More importantly, it looks like the package hasn't been upgraded to
GPLv3?  Only a couple of files have any license notice (a problem in
itself, but skip that for now) -- exportmidi.c and instrumentname.c are
the ones I saw, and they just say "GPL version 2".  Could you please
change that to "GPL version 3 or later", and update the COPYING file
from (for example)
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gnulib.git/tree/doc/COPYINGv3?
Is that ok?

Less importantly, I noticed that the common infrastructure support files
were somewhat out of date.  I didn't check them all individually, but
things like these:

  config.guess config.rpath config.sub depcomp install-sh mdate-sh
  missing mkinstalldirs

The current versions are available at
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gnulib.git/tree/build-aux.
(If you're interested in a script to monitor them, let me know.)

Happy hacking,
Karl