Re: [Denemo-devel] 2-key shortcuts

From: Nils Gey
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] 2-key shortcuts
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 12:13:55 +0200

Hello,

First I think its a no-go to change anything in Denemo (or any other computer
program) to key-release triggers (while nothing happens on press).

Second I have to say I am not really sure if this kind of shortcut (normal keys
as modkeys) has any benefit over the normal modkey+basic key followed by
another basic key which can be seen all over the linux world, especially in
other GNU projects like Screen or Emacs.
If you have to press another modifier (like numlock) to turn this behaviour on
and off it gets far away from the initial goal to make complex and an a huge
amount of commands easily available.

I personally don't use letter keys to enter notes, too. But there has to be
away to use the letter keys for notation and use them for other things, too.
And I think these should only be modkey combinations and sucessive key presses.

Nils