[Denemo-devel] [bug #30450] Bugs

From: anonymous
Subject: [Denemo-devel] [bug #30450] Bugs
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 16:27:12 +0000

Follow-up Comment #13, bug #30450 (project denemo):

I figured out how to get Print Preview to work every time on my copy of
denemo 0.8.19d on windows xp.  It seems to be a problem with ... something
having to do with the path, apparently.

Anyway, if I put the exact full path to AcroRd32.exe in the Externals->pdf
viewer, WITHOUT quotes, it works!  (Quotes normally required in command line
due to the spaces in C:Documents and Settings...)

I.e., I changed Externals->pdf viewer to
C:Program FilesAdobeAcrobat 7.0ReaderAcroRd32.exe

If I put quotes around it, it doesn't work.
This "fix" seems too easy to have been missed for so long.  I guess part of
why I didn't find it sooner is I assumed AcroRd32 was in the path for the dos
box--in fact it IS in the "path" for the little command line you get when you
go to start->run.  So even though running simply AcroRd32.exe from the little
command line "run" box works, it does not work in the dos box environment
(it's not in the path) and that must be why it doesn't work setting just
AcroRd32.exe in the pdf viewer field.

I have no idea why it doesn't work when the pdf viewer field is left blank.
If I do the most trivial modification to that blank configuration by setting
the pdf viewer to a minimal batch file that merely does
%1
which is to say, just calls the .pdf that would have been called anyway...it
works.

So in summary, to get it to work, set the pdf viewer field in externals to be
the full path of your viewer without quotes.  Or do as I just described and
save a super-trivial batch file consisting of merely %1 and put that thing's
full path in the viewer field.  Of course it would be nice to know why it
doesn't work by default with the field left blank.
-Dan W.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?30450>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/