Re: [Denemo-devel] insert chord symbols?

From: Ludo Beckers
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] insert chord symbols?
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 20:58:12 +0100

Sorry, slight misunderstanding - I didn't mean "score: arranger" is visible in the PDF, but as a tab (or button, what do you call it in denemo) on the button bar, and in Lilypond view I see arranger = "".
The PDF is good.

In File the last entry is Quit. Apart from the 3 Open(s) I mentioned, there's new file, new tab, save ,save as, print preview, print part. No more.

So far I think Denemo looks very promising for what I want from a notation program, but it'll take me a while to get through the tutorials, especially since I'm new to Lilypond as well.

Ludo

On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 8:11 PM, Richard Shann <address@hidden> wrote:
On Fri, 2010-12-17 at 19:57 +0100, Ludo Beckers wrote:
> I was able to place "edit chord" on the button bar, which is a good
> start.
> For making keyboard shortcuts I'll have to study the manual some more,
> but it's a relief to know this is possible :-)
>
> About the chord names; now I understand why in the manual they refer
> to the Lilypond docs for this, because entering Bbmaj7 wouldn't work -
> it needs Lilypond syntax bes2:maj7 indeed (more to study).
>
> For getting rid of the "score: arranger" I had already tried emptying
> the text-box, but it still remains in the button bar and in Lilypond
> view.
???? what remains where??? I just tried blanking the arranger name and
nothing but the music appeared in the PDF.

> In File there's no templates.
Is the File menu truncated then? What is the last entry?

> I do see open - open recent - open example.
> When I choose open example, and then in the choice window I go up a
> directory to Denemo, I do see a folder with 6 templates in there.
>
> Testing?? You mean 8.22 is an alfa or beta release?
Yes Nils calls it beta. It is our best release so far of the Denemo
program. But there are lots of things still to do, though it is capable
of doing a lot more than many other such programs, perhaps all.

Richard