Re: [Denemo-devel] insert chord symbols?

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] insert chord symbols?
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 17:41:36 +0000

On Sat, 2010-12-18 at 11:10 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:

> > Off topic - I can't find any example in Lilypond on how to put a
> > half-diminished chord-symbol (or Gm7b5 as text) in the lead-sheet.
> >

> I am glad you brought this up. I was wondering how the interface
> should be for people who don't know the lilpond syntax. Would it be
> two dropdowns menus one for root note the other being chord quality?
What you could do with a script right now is two dialogs the first with
checkboxes for the different root notes and the second a set of
checkboxes for chord quality, and then a cond to generate the syntax.
(And probably an extension to d-EditChords to take the string). But you
could write it in C.
Richard