[Denemo-devel] [bug #32371] Breve and Longa cause high cpu usage on wind

From: anonymous
Subject: [Denemo-devel] [bug #32371] Breve and Longa cause high cpu usage on windows, denemo uses 206 megs of ram
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2011 00:11:35 +0000

Follow-up Comment #5, bug #32371 (project denemo):

Ugh.
The 206 megs was due to the soundfont I was using.
Sorry about that.

No forehead-slapping explanation found for the ram usage climb.

This is tested on the latest in-between release for windows.

This is one way I can provoke the ram climb (in windows xp):
Open the denemo score. If I open a window and move that window around
raplidly ON TOP OF the denemo window, RAM consumption increases dramatically,
about 500K per second of moving, and then climbs from there.

Bizarrely:
Minimizing and then maximizing seems to shrink denemo's memory consumption
from the stable startup value of 55 Megs down to 8 Megs, for some reason.  It
then stays low!  Anytime the ram gets too high, I can just minimize then
maximize to get it back to about 8  megs.

To answer your question, I can get the ram usage to climb with a completely
empty score on denemo just by moving another window around on top of the
denemo window so that it redraws rapidly.

As far as whether the other symptoms (high cpu) require breves, I'm not 100%
sure but just opening the attached score with breves and longas sends cpu to
37 and it stays there indefinitely.  Making a similar score with whole notes
has no such problem.

Hope this helps.
-Dan

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?32371>