[Denemo-devel] [bug #32384] Allow (d-SaveAs) to take a filename paramete

From: jgillis
Subject: [Denemo-devel] [bug #32384] Allow (d-SaveAs) to take a filename parameter.
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2011 13:42:54 +0000

Follow-up Comment #2, bug #32384 (project denemo):

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your quick reply. Actually, I was happily surprised at how
readable the denemo source code was. It took me about to file this bug report
after my first encouter with the source code.

"I suspect that your patch will result in the score being associated with a
MIDI file on Save"

Not true as far as I can tell; filesel_save accepts a third argument that
controls this behaviour. If you make it SAVE_COPY, like in the patch, the
denemo retains its filename after the saveas operation. This is arguably bad,
because (d-SaveAs) without the argument does overwrite the current filename.
Hence, I made the semantics inconsistent. Please comment on this.
If you think this is tolerable, then I would be happy to see the patch make
it into trunk.

I could add the same functionality to the export commands, too. Should
(d-ExportMIDI) then warn the user if he supplied an extension that is not
.mid? Else, (d-ExportMIDI) would do exactly the same as the suggested
(d-SaveAs).

I'm not so much interested in parsing command-line arguments from within
scheme. Rather the opposite: read in scheme command from command line. Instead
of creating a file, like in 'denemo -i myfile.scm', it would be nice if denemo
could read from STDIN: 'denemo < myfile.scm'.

Thanks for your time...

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?32384>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/