[Denemo-devel] svg graphics, lilypond markings

From: Nils Gey
Subject: [Denemo-devel] svg graphics, lilypond markings
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2011 01:06:24 +0100

I converted the whole emmentaler svg font to a Denemo compatible svg format and
uploaded all svg files to actions/bitmaps. The names are the same as in the
original font. If you open the svg font from lilypond in fontforge you can see
all glyphs there and their names.

This script at the end of this mail adds the staccato dot. The syntax will be
similar for all related script, I'm thinking about another wrapper script since
they all want graphics and x/y offsets and they are all for toggle and all for
selections.

More important: I think there is a display bug in here which is very old. I
think I saw it years ago with png graphics: The offset is not correct, it adds
up sometimes. Don't know the internals, my guess is something is not resettet
correctly on a change.
Move the note or chords up and down a bit (d-ShiftUp) (d-ShiftDown), Composer:
[w] [s]. And copy/paste it.

I know the graphics need more work, so just execute the script and shift around
and copy and paste and you will see whats wrong. The goal should be that the
graphics maintains its position relative to the best note (in a chord) and
works together with the stem.

Something to think about: You would expect graphics to mirror if the stem
switches. The lilypond glyphs already support this, but maybe not all and maybe
not future custom graphics. We have at least 3 choices
1) Don't mirror.
2) Specify a mirror graphic
3) Mirror the svg in Denemo.

I think 2 and 3 could be a good Denemo choice. If you give only one (by
convention always the upper or under) it is automagically mirrored, if you give
two graphics there are used instead.

Nils

(SingleAndSelectionSwitcher
        (lambda ()
                (if (and (Note?) (ToggleDirective "chord" "postfix" (cons
"staccato" "") "\\staccato " DENEMO_OVERRIDE_AFFIX))
                        (begin
                                (d-DirectivePut-chord-graphic "staccato"
"scripts.staccato")
                                (d-DirectivePut-chord-gx "staccato" 6)
                                (d-DirectivePut-chord-gy "staccato" 80)))))