[Denemo-devel] Help status change

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Help status change
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 09:10:12 +0000

actions/menus/ObjectMenu/NotesRests/GraceNotes/InsertTwoGraceNotesBeamed
This is a class of menu item normally intended to be used from keyboard,
which has a pop-up help dialog when you use it from the mouse.
        This change to help-status message is not as good as you intended. The
problem is with torn-off menus: when folk click on a (torn-off) menu
item the keyboard focus stays on the menu, so following the instruction
on the help does not work until the user has clicks on the drawing area.
The pop-up dialog was (I think) a nasty workaround. I think a better
workaround should be possible - namely when the help status is written
the keyboard focus should be (optionally?) moved to the drawing area
again.