Re: [Denemo-devel] Fixed Issue 30206

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Fixed Issue 30206
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 11:12:13 +0100

On Wed, 2011-03-30 at 03:31 -0700, Jain Basil Aliyas wrote:

> I kindle request you to review and commit the patch, if it is okay
Thank you very much for this!
I have committed it already because it is *so* much better than the
current situation, but, if you would like some feedback then I would
say:
        the new function confirmSave() should be moved to file.c and made
static (and re-named confirm_save or confirmsave). The gboolean r is
assigned to 1 or 0 rather than TRUE and FALSE which are used generally
in denemo for this.

This is just being fussy of course - I am sure you can guess the
reasoning but to spell out: moving the function reduces the amount of
global symbols, improves the chances for the compiler optimiser to work,
reduces the number of files that need to be opened to follow the code
(... I am sure you could add to the list). The naming convention thing
is just to try and keep the code as uniform as possible, it is never
possible to win here, because writers of code are so pig-headed (myself
included) but following the naming of surrounding code is the best we
can do.

Once again - thank you - I wonder, do you fancy a project to improve our
handling of cairographics? We have .svg drawing issues... Perhaps we
should be using the LilyPond fonts directly, which we could do via a new
graphic type (at the moment we have bitmaps and cairo_patter_t). It
would make a nice little gsoc project.