[Denemo-devel] OSX build

From: Nils Gey
Subject: [Denemo-devel] OSX build
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 23:56:22 +0200

I am one step closer to the osx build.

But Denemo does not start yet, I think the paths are wrong.

At which points is decided what paths Denemo looks in? Is it possible that we
add local paths for osx? Most important Denemo does not find share, even if
other executables (like fluidsynth or guile standalone on the commandline) find
it.

And I think Denemo influences GUILE and its path.
If I run the Gub-build Guile refuses to start because it can't find ice-9.
After copying lib/ and share/ around on osx I get fluidsynth  and guile to work
but once I start Denemo it does not start because Guile can't find ice-9 again.

This is all very shallow diagnostics because I seems my osx misses the tools to
check executables and their paths.

But if you could provide me with more info regarding Denemo paths in Linux and
Window I might be able to get Denemo running by coping files around and after
that I can say what we need to change.

It might be possible that 0.9 ships on OSX then.

Nils