Re: [Denemo-devel] Thumbnails

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Thumbnails
Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 20:01:16 -0500

On May 29, 2011, at 4:01 AM, Richard Shann <address@hidden> wrote:

On Sun, 2011-05-22 at 10:55 -0500, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
I'll do the filechooser part.

I'll try to get to that tommorrow sometime.

Jeremiah

I have provided a function
large_thumbnail_name("/home/myname/score.denemo") to give the filename
of the thumbnail for opening in a file chooser. I haven't executed this
function yet - so completely untested, but you can go ahead with the
filechooser now.

The thumbnail generation is crude still, but I see what we need now. The temporary files denemoprint.ly etc should not be generated in ~/.denemo
but instead in a (pre process) temporary directory in the $TMP
directory. At the moment if you tried to invoke denemo twice at the same
time and tried to print from both of them they would clash.
With that tidy up of the code, we can run the thumbnailing as a niced
process in the background.