[Denemo-devel] playhead/cursor

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] playhead/cursor
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2011 08:43:28 +0100

Dominic,

I got a few minutes to look at your soc branch - I have built and
executed the soc code. (That is quite an achievement, there were *no*
hitches! Well done!)
I then just glanced over audiocapture.c
not time to do anything serious but I noticed this:

void
queue_redraw_cursor()
{
  region_playhead();
}

the danger here is of confusing
        the "cursor" which in Denemo is the place in the DenemoScore structure
(a DenemoObject * called currentobject->data)

with the quite different
        playhead which in Denemo is a collection of DenemoObjects which
are being sounded during playback (or the first objects that will be
sounded when playback starts).

(A similar confusion sometimes arises when describing that the pointer
controlled by the mouse as "the cursor")