Re: [Denemo-devel] Modifying Denemo.ttf

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Modifying Denemo.ttf
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 08:22:41 -0500

On 07/31/2011 05:49 AM, Richard Shann wrote:
On Fri, 2011-07-29 at 14:47 +0100, Richard Shann wrote:
On Fri, 2011-07-29 at 08:23 -0500, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
Do you want me to modify the font so that the Note and Rest entry
correct or do you want me to modify the C code so that it points to
correct font?
I can do the C code (I have already got samples in generate_source.c
I have checked in generate_source.c (without checking in the files it
generates) so that you can use it to test your new glyphs. It needs
tweaking where they are used in some tooltips.

I am still tweaking them. I should be done Monday night. I don't have any time to work on it today. I have been testing the fonts in LibreOffice. I created a document with all the rest and notes and compare them next to text from the same font. I will submit something Monday night (You will see it Tuesday morning:)

utils.c, view.c which is inactivated).
If you can just work on the music symbols block in Denemo2.ttf so that
they look legible when included in text - an example is the label for
the Metronome Mark).
specifically the utf8 codes used in generate_source.c are mentioned

#define NOTE0 "\xF0\x9D\x85\x9D"
#define NOTE1 "\xF0\x9D\x85\x9E"
#define NOTE2 "\xF0\x9D\x85\x9F"
#define NOTE3 "\xF0\x9D\x85\xA0"
#define NOTE4 "\xF0\x9D\x85\xA1"
#define NOTE5 "\xF0\x9D\x85\xA2"
#define NOTE6 "\xF0\x9D\x85\xA3"
#define NOTE7 "\xF0\x9D\x85\xA4"
#define NOTE8 "\xF0\x9D\x85\xA5"

#define REST0 "\xF0\x9D\x84\xBB"
#define REST1 "\xF0\x9D\x84\xBC"
#define REST2 "\xF0\x9D\x84\xBD"
#define REST3 "\xF0\x9D\x84\xBE"
#define REST4 "\xF0\x9D\x84\xBF"
#define REST5 "\xF0\x9D\x85\x80"
#define REST6 "\xF0\x9D\x85\x81"
#define REST7 "\xF0\x9D\x85\x82"
#define REST8 "\xF0\x9D\x85\x83"

In fact the 256th note and rest are not assigned values by
AFAIK, so we have to decide what to display there.
Other glyphs in the music symbols block may need to be tweaked if we
want to use them for labelling things in the Denemo display, but these
are the priority.

Denemo-devel mailing list