Re: [Denemo-devel] Point and Click

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Point and Click
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2011 08:54:00 +0100

On Sat, 2011-10-15 at 22:17 +0100, Richard Shann wrote:
> I have built this executable by hand, but it would need to be created
> by
> the make command and installed alongside the denemo executable.
> Jeremiah - are you able to do this? I can check the code into git in
> any
> case as it is harmless.
I have checked in denemo_client.c which needs to be compiled to generate
the denemoclient executable. Something roughly like

gcc -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -L/usr/lib/glib-2.0 -lglib denemo_client.c
-o denemoclient

would be needed to build denemoclient, which then needs installing
alongside the denemo executable with the appropriate chmod to make it
executable by the world.

 I should say that I have not compiled this source (denemo_client.c)
literally as it involves including glib.h etc - I just hard-wired the
code to use my ~/.denemo inside this source to get the executable with a
plain invocation of gcc. So there may be some minor typo in that file
when it comes to building denemoclient.