Re: [Denemo-devel] Final version, with pdf defect?

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Final version, with pdf defect?
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2011 18:20:44 +0000

On Thu, 2011-11-03 at 11:30 -0500, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> On 11/03/2011 08:08 AM, Richard Shann wrote:
> > I have uploaded a final version of the Keyboard Polyphony example. The
> > pdf is
> > http://www.denemo.org/dl29
> >
> > and the source file is
> >
> > http://www.denemo.org/dl30
> >
> > this source has an include file, so you may need to run the Dynamic
> > Directive Refresh command before it will print (it is for the book
> > titles - re-doing the titles will also work, and nothing is needed if
> > you have installed to /usr/local).
> >
> > My PDF reader displays the treble clef wrongly, if you also see this and
> > have a recent version of LilyPond can you try re-printing it to see if
> > this is a bug that has been fixed. It does not show this problem in 20pt
> > font size, only 18 pt.
>
> The treble cleff's did look fine for me at 18pt using lilypond 2.12.3.
Which viewer program did you use? I downloaded dl29 onto a windows
laptop and viewed it in Adobe reader. The treble clef was only slightly
broken on the right side of the top loop. The same file viewed with
evince and xpdf (which I think use the same underlying library) filled
in the top loop of the treble clef in black.

> The pdf that you sent had distorted treble cleff's. What version of
> lilypond do you have?
lilypond --version
GNU LilyPond 2.12.3

So that is quite strange - you get Denemo to generate a pdf via from
dl30 and it looks different to dl29, and yet we have the same installed
LilyPond... Hmm.
I'll try the LilyPond that is installed on my windows laptop.
Thanks for the feedback
Richard