Re: [Denemo-devel] Articulations

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Articulations
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 18:49:22 +0000

On Fri, 2011-12-16 at 10:53 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> >> I pushed some work I have done toward this to git.
> > I think you have forgotten to git add the new scripts for
> ToggleStaccato
> > etc?
> Oops. I pushed them to git now.

Ok, quite a few problems.
Your script for staccato does
(d-DirectivePut-chord-graphic tag LG-Staccato)
but LG-Staccato is not defined.
You do define LG_STACCATO but its value is
(define LG-STACCATO "\xF0\x9D\x85\xBC")
which is not a string starting with a newline.
(d-DirectivePut-chord-graphic tag filename) loads a graphic of name
filename, you have to start with a newline to tell it not to go looking
for an svg graphic but to use a font instead.

"\xF0\x9D\x85\xBC" is not the emmentaler glyph - using character map
tool I see the staccato dot in the emmentaler font at unicode E16C with
UTF-8  0xEE 0x85 0xAC, it's in the Private Area block. The F0 9D...  is
in the Musical Symbols block, (U+1D17C MUSICAL SYMBOL COMBINING
STACCATO ...) so you *can* use this but emmentaler does not have that
block, I have included them in the Denemo font. So this works

        (d-DirectivePut-chord-graphic tag "\n\xF0\x9D\x85\xBC\nDenemo\n56")

but it will be better to use the emmentaler glyphs.
So you could do
(define LG-Staccato (string-append "\n" LG_STACCATO "\nemmentaler\n48"))
and putting the right value LG_STACCATO that should work.
I used font size 48 there - this is something we should refine before
setting to and doing all the glyphs.