Re: [Denemo-devel] Chord symbols

From: Andreas Schneider
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Chord symbols
Date: Sat, 04 May 2013 16:39:23 +0200

Am 04.05.2013 15:10, schrieb Richard Shann:
> Are you using the (new) chord staff - in this case you write the chords
> you want in staff notation and they are typeset as chord-names. In this
> case the rhythm is completely independent, and the example
> (File->Open->Open Example->Independent Chord Symbols IIRC) shows how to
> make the chord symbols stop showing.
> You will notice that you don't need full chords. The note C on its own
> is the chord C, you need C and E-flat to get Cm and so on.
>
> The older method is still there - you have to know the naming
> convention: I am almost completely ignorant about the subject - I have
> read a little in the LilyPond documentation where the notation is
> discussed.
>
> It is also possible to change the naming convention for chords (there
> are apparently many of them). Again the LilyPond manual will give the
> syntax, which will need inserting - ask if you need help doing this.

Yes, I'm using the new chord staff feature (Staffs/Voices > Chord
symbols) of the newest git version. By inserting notes in the staff I
get any major chord I like with any duration I like, but I could not get
minor chords. E-flat gives e-flat major as one expects. I have tried the
following script:

;;;ChordMinor
(let ((tag "ChordMinor"))
(if (d-Directive-chord? tag)
        (d-DirectiveDelete-chord tag)
        (begin
        (d-DirectivePut-chord-postfix tag ":m")
        (d-DirectivePut-chord-override tag DENEMO_OVERRIDE_AFFIX)
        (d-DirectivePut-chord-minpixels  ":m" 20)
        (d-DirectivePut-chord-display tag  ":m")))
(d-RefreshDisplay)
(d-SetSaved #f))

Unfortunately it gives a lilypond error:

GNU LilyPond 2.14.2
»denemoprintA.ly« wird verarbeitet
Analysieren...
denemoprintA.ly:14:13: Fehler: syntax error, unexpected STRING
         d'1:
             m\AutoBarline
denemoprintA.ly:759:1: Fehler: Fehler gefunden, musikalischer Ausdruck
wird ignoriert

 <<
Fehler: gescheiterte Dateien: "denemoprintA.ly"

although d1:m is the correct syntax for a d minor chord. Any suggestion?

Andreas