Re: [Denemo-devel] Release 1.1.4

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Release 1.1.4
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 09:30:38 +0000

On Sun, 2014-03-09 at 13:29 -0500, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 08, 2014 at 06:26:42PM +0000, Richard Shann wrote:
> >
> > I think a new release would be good. Below is the feature list, but,
> > more importantly there are some bugs fixed that it would be better not
> > to have to respond to separately.
> > Jeremiah - could you generate a windows build from master? I think it
> > would be good to do this before creating any branch etc, as there are
> > several issues to be checked first.
>
> I built it using aubio4 but it does not seem to pass the wine test. I have
> aubio install the .dll into PREFIX/bin instead of where I expected it to go
> $PREFIX/lib. I noticed that most of the .dlls are in this directory anyway. I
> also noticed when doing the wine test that portmidi was asking me to hit the
> enter key. I thought I got rid of this. I guess I might have more work to do
> there also. Maybe this is why denemo *always* crashes on exit on a Mac.

Good news - I downloaded and ran this and it worked flawlessly! Even the
audio stuff - the aubio-4.dll was in the right place, all the new code I
tried worked, including choose, search and edit. MIDI-in and playback
all fine, it typeset too.
One caveat, I didn't uninstall the old version, just changed the name of
the toplevel directory (because I was expecting the new one not to work
and didn't want the fag of re-installing the old one). I will test a
clean installation later today I hope.

I confess I can't recall off the top of my head the particular worries I
had for the new version on windows (fonts perhaps), but I will get some
windows users testing this for real.

Richard