[Denemo-devel] midi input weirdness

From: Bric
Subject: [Denemo-devel] midi input weirdness
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2014 08:03:08 -0400

My external midi input generates weird notation of C-flat in place of B-natural, as shown in bars 4 and 5 of the snapshot. Bars 2 and 3 were produced by the PC keyboard, in the same session, without any setting changes (those are expressed normally, as B naturals)

I did go to an unfamiliar menu option earlier -- Educational -> Aural training -> Identity Scale... and picked some option

But I'm not sure that was the cause of it.

Also, when I play the B-natural, and it is expressed as "C-flat", it also SOUNDS different. My default is piano but it switches to (jazz?)organ for the B-natural AND the next note I play after that, whatever the next note might be (!?!). Then goes back to the piano sound, until I play the B natural again....

I changed the key signature to G, and some flattened/sharpened notes (relative to the G scale) produced the organ sound, while others didn't. I'm totally lost.

Any ideas?

thanks.