Re: [Denemo-devel] Cannot print or get print preview

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Cannot print or get print preview
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2014 11:18:27 +0100

On Sun, 2014-06-08 at 19:11 +1000, LGray wrote:
> Hi,
> When I try to print or even show a print preview, it works okay with
> just notes, but as soon as I put lyrics in

Most likely the problem is something you have in the lyrics - numbers
for example or " need special treatment to get them into the lyrics.

>  and try to print I get the message:
> LilyPond engraver failed - See highlighting in LilyPond window (open
> the LilyPond window and right click to print)
>
> Lilypond is not showing up in my program list,

The LilyPond window is one of Denemo's windows, open it using the View
menu. Then you can right click on the LilyPond text and choose typeset
and it will paint the text in red from the point where LilyPond couldn't
understand what it meant - hopefully, somewhere in the lyrics. There is
also a LilyPond errors pane at the bottom where you will see the error
message that LilyPond generated.

That stuff is a bit techie, though, you can just chop out suspect bits
of your lyrics until it starts working, then ask about the bit that is
causing LilyPond to fail.
By the way, 1.1.6 has lots of improvements in lyrics, and it is all
ready to go apart from foreign language translations...

Richard