Re: [Denemo-devel] help with a score

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] help with a score
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2014 09:27:17 +0100

On Sun, 2014-09-07 at 18:34 -0400, Ellen Schwindt wrote:
> Hello Denemo buddies
>     So here I am again. I have this score that typesets fine in the
> default score layout.
It does not typeset in the default layout for me!
>  But it won't typeset an individual part. Check score doesn't result
> in any messages. I've been through the whole thing looking for
> measures with incorrect time in them. So I'm stumped. Any suggestions?

It is a bug in the clef chooser command: when you choose the drum clef
and then put a dynamic at the start just after the anonymous-looking
directive that sets up the middle C position the two should have a space
between them but don't.
You couldn't have fathomed this out short of exporting the LilyPond
syntax and running LilyPond on it to get the (highly technical) error
description ... so not your fault (once again).

You can work around this bug rather easily, just move the dynamic "p"
marking before the anonymous directive that is at the start of the drum
staff. The two don't collide in this unfortunate way if you do that, and
it typesets fine.

Thanks for locating this bug. I've fixed the immediate problem in the
git sources now and have raised a bug for it as it shouldn't anyway be
inserting this horrible anonymous directive at the start of the staff.

Attached is a version where I edited the middle C directive to have a
space before the "p" marking, but you don't need to use it, just insert
the dynamic at the start of the staff instead of in second position.