[Denemo-devel] data loss disaster (imminent)

From: Bric
Subject: [Denemo-devel] data loss disaster (imminent)
Date: Fri, 01 Jan 2016 14:23:52 -0500

i have a denemo file that won't open with any version. The recent 2.0.1 binary, my old 1.2.4, my local 2.0.1 build. Same opening "failed" message in all three.

On the command line i see "opening file <path to file>.denemo"
success: 1

ironically

I still have the *.denemo file, but I can't tell what's wrong with it, looking at the code, and no explanatory error messages available.

I stand to lose many hours of work here.

What happened was: I was editing about 80 bars of on-staff score, adding chord symbols; denemo crashed, then when i reopened it, i was counting on auto-save, which is on for me (every 5 seconds, i think). I opted to restore from auto-save, and that loaded an empty file.

I closed the empty file without saving, and tried to open the *.denemo file, and the open action fails. I am looking at the XML, it seems OK at cursory glance, and I don't know why it's being rejected.