Re: [Denemo-devel] Dynamic staff - further

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Dynamic staff - further
Date: Sun, 03 Jan 2016 19:20:48 +0000

On Sun, 2016-01-03 at 18:50 +0000, Joe Wilkinson wrote:
> When I look at bar 66 it has a lot of spurious rests inserted in
> parts
> other than Mandolin 1 which I haven't inserted. Really.

yes, check score runs Install Grace Note Hints, which puts non-printing
grace note rests [sic] to correspond with grace notes in other parts.
These are needed in some circumstances to tell LilyPond where the grace
note comes with respect to things like time sig changes or barlines ...

Now I could imagine they might cause trouble if they get inserted in an
empty measure - the fix is to populate the measure (with non printing
rests). If this is the problem can you raise a bug report for it?