Re: [Denemo-devel] [bug #46868] Missing .DLL files in downloads

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] [bug #46868] Missing .DLL files in downloads
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2016 16:17:02 +0000

On Tue, 2016-01-12 at 09:29 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:

> On Jan 12, 2016 2:46 AM, "Richard Shann" <address@hidden>
> wrote:
[...]
> I think lilydev is too old for our needs. Even the LilyPond people
> working on gun have moved to the latest 64 bit ubuntu.

Oh, I see lilydev doesn't include GUB, it's just for creating patches
and seeing that they build on lilydev (which is a Jessie 8 thing
currently)

> >I didn't realize you weren't building LilyPond -
> > how is the current zip file created?
> >

> I stopped building it when there were reports of it crashing.

Ah, I was assuming the crashes were just due to it being a build of an
unstable 2.19 series LilyPond.

>  I left it out because I thought you were going to create a script to
> copy the official LilyPond files over. I can have gub compile it again
> it may be something trivial to fix if I only knew what was causing the
> crash.

Can you get it building from LilyPond 2.18 ? That would remove one
uncertainty.

>  I commented out LilyPond cairo as a dependency of Denemo. That means
> gub does not compile it. Creating the zip file is just a script that
> creates a directory with the root prefix of the Denemo directory and
> a .bat file added to execute it. I don't think the official LilyPond
> is compiled with cairo support. When we compiled denemo we have it
> compiled with cairo support. I am not sure if this is needed

Well, GTK uses cairo for all the drawing - are you referring to
something different "lilypond cairo"???