Re: [Denemo-devel] Stems directions, offset positions, cross staff,

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Stems directions, offset positions, cross staff,
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2016 16:36:58 +0100

On Wed, 2016-09-28 at 11:58 -0300, Marcelo Lima wrote:
> Thank you Richard.
>
> Here is an small exercise that is giving me some headaches.

First a warning - you have saved this file with a Scheme Script (it is
placing a rehearsal mark at the opening position of the cursor). The
latest release warns you not to do this (unless it is your intention).

Secondly you have an include file
grafico_gliss.ly
 which I don't have.

> There is no cross staff here, but problems changing rests positions

I see you have used the WYSISYG features of the print view to drag the
rest - I recently fixed a bug with dragging some objects. And having
deleted the Denemo Directive "RestOffset" on the rest in bar 2 of the
cello I was able to drag it ok, at least for the first attempt - it
seems that this drag suffers from the same bug I fixed, namely
subsequent attempts to drag move the rest relative to its original
position, not to the last dragged position.
However, dragging should be the last resort, if you can explain what you
are trying to do perhaps I can suggest a better strategy.

>  and stems positions (both on cello part - for now). I could menage to
> do in almost all measures, but the first. And it took me more than
> half an hour (maybe one whole hour) to do it!
>
> As you will also notice, I have changed the name of the first
> instrument to Alto Sax,

No, what you have changed is the Denemo Part name. That is what shows at
the start of the staff above the key/time signatures. It's function is
to control what is typeset when you issue the Print Part command.
Usually it is set to the name of the instrument. You set the instrument
name using the Staffs/Voices->Staff Properties menu. When you set that
it will set the part name, but you can alter the part name if you want
to have e.g. two oboe parts that are typeset separately.

>  instead of the Soprano Sax, but the latter is the one shown on
> typsetter. The Eletronica staff will have just three lines, but spaced
> as the Partitura.pdf file.

Do you mean more widely spaced than the LilyPond typesetter is putting
them? You will be able to override that spacing using a suitable
LilyPond syntax - I can help you insert the syntax needed if you can
find out what it is. (The address@hidden mailing list is very
helpful for this).

>  And I am also trying to figure out how to insert those graphics in
> the Partitura_exemplo.pdf file into my Denemo score.

Do you have them as .svg or .eps files? There are commands in Denemo for
placing .eps files as graphics on the music, and for launching Inkscape
to edit and save as .eps any .svg graphics you may have.