Re: [Denemo-devel] Transpose on Print

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Transpose on Print
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2017 17:56:48 +0100

On Wed, 2017-03-29 at 17:34 +0100, Joe Wilkinson wrote:

[...]
> NOW: when I open the file again, the menus are in a different order:
> see below. Not sure what I have done but is there a simple default
> rearrangement?

The implication is that you have your own copy of the file
Default.commands which has the commands in a different order. This copy
will be found in denemo-2.1.1/actions in your home directory - assuming
you have the latest 2.1.1 build (otherwise, some other version number).

I've not seen this, so I'm not sure how you got there (it will be to do
with saving a new custom command). Also not sure your best approach to
recovering the default menu layout... If you have the time you could
copy the system-supplied version of Default.commands over your own, and
then use the right-click->More Commands to re-install your custom
command(s) and then see if on saving that all is well. I have a sneaking
suspicion though that it is in this saving step that they get
re-ordered. In which case, the only workaround would be to cut-and-paste
your custom command(s) from your Default.commands to a copy of the
system-supplied Default.commands and use that. The entry for each
command is a block like this
<row>
</row>

you could put your custom commands at the end of the others, but before
the
    </map>
  </merge>
</Denemo>
which finishes the file.

You have to be careful, if you mis-match the tags it will stop Denemo
getting started and you'll need to re-do it.

HTH