Re: [Denemo-devel] Emailing: JB.zip, JohnBarleycorn_v3.pdf

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Emailing: JB.zip, JohnBarleycorn_v3.pdf
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2017 08:35:27 +0100

On Thu, 2017-04-06 at 01:55 +0100, Joe Wilkinson wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> An odd quirk.
>
> The first movement of this tune has guitar accompaniment on fret 7 with
> Am shape followed by Asus2 (i.e. no first finger on the second string).
>
> To produce this I have put the chords E-G-B, and E F# B and printed
> transposed C to F.
>
> And it works most of the time. But in the Instrumental I get Am A
> 4sus4sus2 as in pdf. And I can't see why. I have tried reproducing it on
> a separate staff and there is no problem. Just thought you might like to
> have a look! :-)

What I did is to
Delete the second movement
Delete the second staff
Delete all the bars before the one with Am Asus2
Delete bars with Del,m until the one with Am Asus4sus2
Deleted the Am chords

And I got the resultant problem cut down to something that made it
obvious - see attached!

If ever you start using the LilyPond-user mailing list to help you out
of puzzles you will immediately be inundated with advice from many users
and they will all start by saying "please chop your example down to what
is essential to show the problem" - they even have a TLA for it, called
a MWE. However, you are better off sending it this list, as chopping
down raw LilyPond is much more hard work than chopping down with Denemo
- Denemo has extra verbiage in its LilyPond output which would obfuscate
the problem for them.