Re: [Denemo-devel] problems opening 2.2.0

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] problems opening 2.2.0
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2017 17:01:57 +0100

On Tue, 2017-10-24 at 03:56 +0000, Dirck Nagy wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I installed 2.2.0; when i first opened it, message: "Denemo quit
> unexpectedly".
>
> The second time I opened it, the Print Preview window appeared with
> message: "INVALID! try Score->Check Score command.

When you get that message on a File->New score it means that LilyPond
program is not being found. These pre-built versions of Denemo come
complete with a version of LilyPond (internally - not affecting any
version you may have installed). Provided it is started up by the
correct mechanism it should find its own copy of Denemo unless you have
previously set a different path to LilyPond in the Edit->Change
Preferences->External dialog.

> WHen I go to score-> check score, window reads "no problems detected".
>
> I tried deleting / re-installing 3 times; same results all 3 times.
>
> MAC OSX 10.11.6
> Lilypond 2.18.2-1

Since you mention the LilyPond version, you could always set the full
path to that in the preferences.

If you still have problems please ask again, perhaps someone with a Mac
will be able to comment.