Re: [Denemo-devel] latest linux binary?

From: Bric
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] latest linux binary?
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2018 07:30:41 -0500 (EST)

On February 3, 2018 at 6:58 AM Edgar Aichinger wrote:

Am Samstag, 3. Februar 2018, 11:34:15 CET schrieb Edgar Aichinger:
From a bit searching I believe that your error is a different issue and comes from the fact that the Appimage is built against newer glib2 than your 14.04.1 Ubuntu...

I just changed the Appimage setup so that it builds against openSUSE leap 42.2 instead of 42.3, in the hope that it might provide an older glib2. The worker machines seem to be busy and lagging, so I can't tell when the build will complete, probably a bit later today. So if you revisit the download area and find a denemo Appimage from today try if it's any better than the previous one...

I haven't been able to get answers from IRC so far, so I plan to get in touch with Appimage main developer probono via the Appimage forum or github issue tracker.

Sorry for going slow, I hope we can resolve this soon.

Edgar

Update: as it turns out openSUSE Leap 42.2 also is too new and provides glib2 2.48 while forrunning on Ubuntu 14.04.1 you would need a build against glib2 <=2.40, i think.

I have to leave it here for today, and cannot predict how much time I'll be able to invest during the next week, as it's school holiday and I go skiing with my kids.

Cheers, Edgar

Thanks, Edgar!

As a kid, if my dad canceled my and his skiing trip because he decided to help drive some stranger guy from New York to Boston, for free, after giving the guy an awesome free car to make the trip himself  ... only because the guy won't drive that car himself because he hasn't renewed his driver's license... I'd start suspecting my father either hates me or needs psychiatric help.

Have a happy and safe outing !