Re: [Denemo-devel] ? d-

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] ? d-
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2018 17:02:03 +0100

On Sat, 2018-04-14 at 11:47 -0400, Freeman Gilmore wrote:
> Richard:
>
> This is confusing is the d- the same thing as described in the
> help 28.1 The Directive Fields?   And is there directions on how to
> use them?   I know what gx and gy pertain to but that is it.

No d-xxx are built-in Scheme procedures. For example d-DirectivePut-
chord-postfix is a procedure that sets the postfix field of a Denemo
Directive attached to the chord at the cursor (creating the Denemo
Directive if it does not yet exist).

gx and gy are fields in a structure called a Denemo Directive which
Denemo attaches to all sorts of places in a score. So a score will have
a DenemoDirective which specifies a Title to be put at the top of the
score. The Denemo Directive contains many fields, in this case
including one to emit the LilyPond syntax to set a score title.
The example Scheme I sent you created and attached a Denemo Directive
to the note at the cursor and, amongst other things, specified the
graphic to use in the display and where in the display, relative to the
note, to put it.

HTH

Richard