Re: [Denemo-devel] Help! Keyboard problems

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Help! Keyboard problems
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2018 17:19:24 +0000

On Mon, 2018-12-10 at 16:42 +0000, Richard Shann wrote:
> When I hold the (left) shift key and press the next-key-but-one to
> the
> right of it (a / on French keyboard) it gives meĀ
>
> Key Press Shft+Slash invokes the command Cautionary Accidental
>
> Ah, I just tried this on the English-GB keyboard layout and indeed
> there is a difference from before. It used to be the Shft+Slash
> shortcut but it is now Shft+question
> So there is a change beyond the ones I outlined in the previous
> email.
> I'll see if I can understand why this is happening, and most likely
> just change the standard shortcuts distributed with Denemo (these
> shortcuts started life as mimicking what you type in LilyPond, and
> Shft+question is actually a more memorable name for the "?" character
> which appears above the slash).

Ok, so I have fixed the shortcuts for flattening the note at the cursor
and the cautionary accidental and also the ones for changing the
enharmonic set on the numeric keypad. These are all in the repository
now.

It is still the case that you can no longer access the "change the
duration of the note at the cursor" commands by using Shft+0,1,2,3 etc.
These shortcuts for the top row numbers with the Shift key have all
changed there names to refer to the symbol above the number - and
unfortunately these vary a lot. Using the numeric keypad with Shift for
changing the duration is working fine. And, of course, you can always
add the shortcuts for change duration that apply to your keyboard by
pressing those keys while hovering over the commands in the Notes->Edit
Duration menu - it only takes seconds to work down the menu.