[Denemo-devel] [bug #55346] Some keyboard shortcuts

From: Rain Wilber
Subject: [Denemo-devel] [bug #55346] Some keyboard shortcuts
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2019 11:37:09 -0500 (EST)

Follow-up Comment #2, bug #55346 (project denemo):

"Which Denemo version are you working with?"

 Keyboard shortcuts worked reliably on 2.2.1, then a few things changed for
2.2.10 and most still worked, and now not working on 2.2.11 (as you said,
things are being updated in that area).

The keyboard layout I am using is a US keyboard, good guess. I did not think
about the issue that these shortcuts would not be universally usable because
layouts differ.

Choosing z(=a)x(=b)c(=c)v(=d)b(=e)n(=f)m(=g) for note names, although not
immediately intuitive, does allow for a row of keys to represent the notes.
Then an 'Alt+keyname' adds the note as a chord tone; And other modifiers
(Ctrl;Shift) to work with those notes in other ways. Many of the keys above
that row are set-up to take advantage of the double-key-presses. <, and >.
represent left and right. The idea is theoretically to not have to use the
mouse and just achieve what is possible through typing and I get the feeling
that was an intention of the authors of the program.

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?55346>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.gnu.org/