Re: [Denemo-devel] A possible scheme script

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] A possible scheme script
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2019 15:14:33 +0000

On Wed, 2019-01-30 at 19:31 +0000, Richard Shann wrote:
> >   with menu directory structure: -rpoint.
> > This is-just for if user is writing Cantus on bottom.
>   with menu directory structure:
> .denemo-
> 2.2.11\actions\menus\ObjectMenu\NotesRests\InsertNote\Counterpoint.
> If you want to use two possible places as the location for the
> inserted
> notes there are commands to push the current position and pop it
> again
> later (or to store the initial position in a variable and the go to
> it
> later). Look at d-PushPosition, d-PopPosition, and GetPosition (which
> is not a built-in but a script somewhere in denemo-modules, hence the
> lack of the d- prefix.

Thinking a bit more about this, probably you should just write your
input method to have Cantus at the bottom. When you want to typeset the
score you can either use Staffs/Voices->Swap Staffs or (if you want to
be able to typeset both quickly) create a Score Layout to typeset the
staffs in the alternate order.

On another topic you mention

denemo-2.2.11\actions\menus\ObjectMenu\NotesRests\InsertNote\Counterpoint

from which I guess you are working with a Microsoft O/S. The binaries
being created for Windows overnight do not include a console to see any
diagnostic messages. It occurs to me that this would mean that the
Scheme command line (labelled CLI in the Scheme window) is useless on
those Windows binaries. With the CLI you can test if something like

d-AddHighestDownAugmented5

exists by typing it into CLI and hitting Return - the console output
will then tell you what it evaluates to or throw an error. There is a
help text stored in a Scheme variable named by prefixing "Help-" to the
command name e.g Help-d-New is the Help text for the command d-New.

Since this is useless on Windows without a specially created
executable, I've changed the behavior of the CLI tool to pop-up a
dialog when used on Windows - this will be available in tomorrow's
executable at the usual place:
http://www.denemo.org/~jjbenham/mxe/denemo.zip

which means you can use it to test the values of Scheme variables and
the signatures of Scheme procedures that Denemo creates.

HTH
By the way, please use the "Reply to All" or "Group Reply" buttons when
replying to a mailing list posting, as others will benefit from the
reply.