Re: [Denemo-devel] A possible scheme script

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] A possible scheme script
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2019 10:03:45 +0000

On Fri, 2019-02-01 at 21:53 -0800, rain wrote:
>     however it can at
> > least be easily worked around with split-measure command (although
> > I'm pretty confident that you could come up with something that
> would
> > fix that if it was seen as problematic from your point of view).
> It sounds like you have spillover set - you want it off for this
> sort
> of work. You can turn it off in your script or just turn it off via
> Edit->Change Preferences
>

> I don't think it is that spillover was set, it was off (but even when
> it is on, I've been getting the same results, possibly because it is
> a 'paste' instead of a note entry).

yes, you are right - paste ignores the spillover setting, sorry for the
noise, I was just guessing, not having tried what you are doing.

> It is more that, in one instance, being at the beginning of a measure
> and executing the command the way I set it up, with, albeit excessive
> code (Wasn't able to get that shortened version you whipped up to
> work on first try),

Hmm, I see that I failed to give you a complete example, and it didn't
remove the added interval at the end :(
Here is a complete example:

(d-New)
(d-AddAfter)
(d-C)
(d-MoveCursorLeft)
(d-AddLowestUpMinor3)
(d-Copy)
(d-MoveToStaffUp)
(d-Paste)
(d-StagedDelete)
(d-MoveToStaffDown)
(d-CursorToNthNoteHeight 2)
(d-RemoveNoteFromChord)

So this should end you up with a C in the lower staff and an Eb in the
upper.
However, having written out what you are trying to do, I think there
may be more elegant ways of doing it - I'll get back to this later
today if I get the chance.