dev-serveez

Re: [dev-serveez] mandelbrot fractal server

From: stefan
Subject: Re: [dev-serveez] mandelbrot fractal server
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 11:31:18 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 12 Nov 2001, Martin Grabmueller wrote:

> Another problem is that memory for cons cells, string and vector
> headers, smob headers, etc. is not really freed (in the sense of
> free()), but put on a free list for later reusing it.  The data
> portion of vectors and strings, though, *are* free()'ed.

Thanks for the info!  I found the reason the memory leaks inside Serveez.
But there is something I wonder anyway.  I put a (gc-stats) in the
handle-request routine of the Mandelbrot server.  There I could see how
number of cells and the heap size changes.  The cell numbers goes up and
down as expected, but the (bytes-malloced) value steadily grows.  And I do
not know why, because Serveez does not actually grows (see top).  Any
pointers for me?

Thanks in advance,
        address@hidden